The Best Tooth Replacement Option
Dental implants are changing the way people look and the way they live. Teeth implants serve as the perfect anchors for replacement teeth in the form of dentures, crowns, or bridges.
Dental implants are the closest thing to natural teeth that patients with missing or damaged teeth can get. They look nearly identical, they allow patients to regain the ability bite and chew effectively, and they are extremely durable if taken care of properly.
How Do Teeth Implants Work?
Dental Implants are easily completed in 3 phases:
- During the first phase, the implant will be placed in the jaw bone. The titanium rod takes the place of the root in your other teeth.
- During the second phase of implant dentistry, bone begins to grow around the implant, stabilizing it. In phase two, instead of attaching a permanent crown, we will attach a temporary restoration to allow you time to heal, typically around 2–3 months.
- In phase three, after healing, we will make a custom permanent crown or set of dentures to attach to the implant(s).
Single Tooth Replacement
At Create a Smile Dentistry in Bloomington, IN we provide dental implant options for a single missing tooth. If you have a missing tooth it can have a serious effect on the surrounding teeth and your overall oral health. Having a missing tooth can lead to jaw bone loss and will eventually cause surrounding teeth to shift position, which can potentially create gaps elsewhere in your mouth.
Gaps between teeth can create more potential for tooth decay and gum infections because it is more likely for food to get caught between your teeth. If you have a missing tooth, it is important to have Dr. Moore assess the situation and provide a treatment plan that will be best for your oral health. Not only is single tooth replacement better for the health of your teeth, it will go a long way toward boosting your confidence when your smile is complete.
Implant Supported Dentures
Unlike their traditional counter-part, implant supported dentures can provide more stability and function for a better quality of life. Some of the benefits of implant supported dentures are:
- Better stability: with implant supported dentures the prosthetic will be attached to titanium rods that are implanted into your jaw bone, which means there is less chance of your dentures falling out or shifting unexpectedly.
- More functionality: because your dentures are fixed to dental implants, your ability to chew foods and speak normally are greatly increased. Implant supported dentures, also known as permanent dentures, will function more like natural teeth than traditional dentures.
- Stronger jaw bone: People who have missing teeth will eventually have their jaw bone deteriorate, which can cause the facial muscles to collapse. The permanently placed implants will support the jaw bone and help prevent any facial collapse.
- Natural appearance: When you choose implant supported dentures the appearance of your new teeth will fit seamlessly with your natural smile. Whether you have a full arch replacement or a partial denture the appearance will be closer to your natural teeth than they would with traditional dentures
We provide both fixed and removable denture implants. Fixed denture implants tend to feel more natural and better restore chewing efficiency. However, removable denture implants require fewer dental implants and are a more conservative procedure that creates a stable new smile.