The team at Create a Smile, PC, in Bloomington, cares about all of their patients, and wants to make sure that you and your family have great oral health.
Today we are going to talk about 5 things you need to know about cavities.
- Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings develop. These little holes are cavities.
- Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
- Frequent snacking
- Drinking sugary beverages
- Poor dental hygiene
- Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you observe any of these symptoms, you should call us today to schedule an appointment.
- Cavities are more common among young children, but adults get cavities too.
- Avoiding cavities is clear-cut. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, and have regular visits with your dentist.
At Create a Smile, PC, you will find first rate dental care and our committed team of dental professionals. We offer family and general dentistry in the Bloomington IN area. Call for an appointment today.
Contact Create A Smile, PC – Dr. Ken Moore:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
219 E. 17th St.