The team at Create a Smile, PC, in Bloomington, cares about all of their patients, and wants to make sure that you and your family have great oral health.
Today we are going to talk about 5 things you need to know about cavities.
- Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings develop. These little holes are cavities.
- Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
- Frequent snacking
- Drinking sugary beverages
- Poor dental hygiene
- Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you observe any of these symptoms, you should call us today to schedule an appointment.
- Cavities are more common among young children, but adults get cavities too.
- Avoiding cavities is clear-cut. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, and have regular visits with your dentist.
At Create a Smile, PC, you will find first rate dental care and our committed team of dental professionals. We offer family and general dentistry in the Bloomington IN area. Call for an appointment today.