Today in the Create A Smile, PC dental blog, we’re going to discuss 15 facts about teeth in Bloomington. If you are in need of a cosmetic or general dentist in the area, contact Dr. Moore at 812-332-1405 to schedule your consultation. We would be more than happy to help you.
15 Facts about Teeth in Bloomington
- Children’s teeth are soft until about age 10.
- A tooth with a crown can get a cavity.
- Your gum tissue is as vital as your teeth.
- Some prescription medication can increase your risk of tooth decay.
- Some home faucet water filters remove fluoride.
- 19 percent of little ones between the ages of 2 and 19 have untreated dental cavities.
- Heartburn can actually affect your teeth.
- Allergies can cause tooth grinding.
- Dried fruit is just as damaging for teeth as sticky candy.
- Tooth enamel cannot repair itself, though dentin and cementum (the substance that surrounds the tooth root) are capable of partial regeneration.
- A Harvard-led team used low-powered lasers to activate stem cells and stimulate the growth of teeth in rats and human dental tissue in a lab. Having dental implants made of actual teeth might be a possibility in the future.
- There are about 300 types of bacteria in your mouth.
- Chewing sugarless gum after meals can help remove food particles on your teeth. You still need to brush, but if you can’t brush immediately after meals, sugarless gum can help keep your teeth clean.
- Cavities often don’t cause pain until they have reached the root and nerve of the tooth. Visit your dentist regularly to prevent cavities or at least to detect them when they are small.
- Bone recession can cause tooth loss even if no decay is present.
At Create A Smile, PC – Dr. Ken Moore, we hope you have found today’s post interesting and perhaps even learned something new about your amazing teeth and some of the lesser-known risk factors for decay. If you are in need of a dental implant, porcelain veneers, or a root canal, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We look forward to seeing you and your beautiful teeth in Bloomington!
Contact Create A Smile, PC – Dr. Ken Moore:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
219 E. 17th St.