Today in the Create A Smile, PC dental blog, we’re going to discuss 10 facts about dental health in Wardsville. If you are in need of a cosmetic or general dentist in the area, contact Dr. Moore at 812-332-1405 to schedule your consultation. Our team would be more than happy to help you.
1. If you have kids and your municipal water supply does not have the recommended level of fluoride, talk to your pediatrician about fluoride supplements. Fluoride strengthens both the teeth you can see and the ones still forming in the jaw.
2. Set a timer when you brush to make sure you spend at least two minutes thoroughly, but gently, cleaning all surfaces. Don’t forget your tongue—it provides a cozy home for bacteria to flourish.
3. Floss before you brush so that tooth bristles can better reach between teeth.
4. If you can’t brush after a meal, chew some sugarless gum with xylitol. Xylitol may curb the growth of bacteria on your teeth to reduce plaque formation.
5. Eat carbohydrates with meals. Eating them alone as snacks can cause tooth decay. More saliva is generated while eating a meal and this can lessen the effects of carbs sitting on your teeth.
6. An oral fluoride rinse used right before bedtime adds an extra measure of decay deterrence. Fluoride rinses work best when swished over teeth for at least thirty seconds after flossing and brushing. After spitting it out, don’t rinse with water. Let the residue protect and strengthen your enamel all night long. This is especially important for kids – just make sure they don’t swallow it.
7. If you have diabetes, it is important to understand that unhealthy blood sugar levels can increase your risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Your dentist can help you maintain dental health in Wardsville in spite of your condition. If you have already experienced dental complications related to diabetes, schedule a consultation with Ken Moore by calling 812-332-1405.
8. Beware of the dental risks of chronic dry mouth (xerostomia). Continual saliva production is essential for keeping the mouth lubricated, washing the food from tooth surfaces, and neutralizing the acid caused by plaque.
9. Wearing a mouth guard when you participate in sports can prevent tooth injury. Many dentists offer custom mouth guards that fit perfectly.
10. If you are looking for an excellent dentist in the Bloomington area, we invite you to schedule an appointment with doctor Ken Moore at Create A Smile, PC – Dr. Ken Moore. At Create A Smile, PC – Dr. Ken Moore, we provide gentle, quality care for children and adults.
At Create A Smile, PC – Dr. Ken Moore, we hope you have found today’s post interesting and perhaps even learned something new about dental health in Wardsville. If you are in need of a dental implant, porcelain veneers, or a root canal, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We look forward to helping you improve your dental health in Wardsville!